Thursday, October 28, 2010

This is not your Grandmother's bench

My (amazing) mother is a super talented woman who has been creating awesome needlepoint work for the last 9 years (an old hobby she picked up again after pseudo-retiring). It seems as if she is always creating something stunning and impressive - shoes, pillows, bookmarks, luggage tags, purses and wall hangings to name a few! The latest addition to my ever growing collection is this beautiful occasional bench.

My mom found the bench at an estate sale (for $5!), took off the old covering, had the design custom printed on the canvas (from a sketch I provided her) and needlepointed the design (which took close to a year!) Once she completed all the work she had the bench re-covered. The end result? A glamorous and stylish occasional bench that I will always treasure. Thanks, Mom!

On another note: Jonny and I carved a pumpkin last night (we named him Frankie... get it?!?) Have a happy and safe Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment