Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry! Merry!

I would like to introduce you to our Christmas tree - his name is... Kim Jong-il...? Yeah, I know... it's a *long story. Anyway, I just thought I would share some photos him and some of his friends that have been living in our home for the last month. Merry Christmas, everyone!
The MOST Beautiful Tree in the World.


An ornament from Iceland, our new star from TinWorks on Etsy, our tree skirt
and some other goodies!


Now, I have to tell you, our stockings are definitely on my Top 10 Most Favorite Things Ever list! My (totally awesome) mom needlepointed them for us the year we were married and I LOVE having them out! I'm almost sad that I don't get to spend more time with them..
And last, but certainly not least, are out "other" trees. Jonathan's mom gave us the silver one our very first Christmas together (when we lived in a scroogie building that wouldn't allow REAL trees), and Jonathan gave me the one on the right a couple years ago (another **long story) and I absolutely LOVE it!

*Kim Jong-il Story - So, we were coming back home after selecting The Most Beautiful Tree in the World and I was all (because I am a huge dork who names everything...) "What should we name him?" and Jonathan says "I don't know. How about Christmas Tree" and I was all "Come on, Jonathan. Let's be a little more original than Christmas Tree..." I was thinking Spencer or Jeffrey or something like that... And he says "Fine. How about Kim Jong-il?" and I say "Absolutely not. We are NOT naming our Christmas Tree Kim Jong-il!" The rest of the way home Jonathan chanted Kim Jong-il like a 5 year old and (or course) it stuck. I guess it IS kind of original and I figured the Supreme Leader could use a little holiday cheer... So - there ya have it: The Story of Kim Jong-il, The Most Beautiful Christmas Tree in the World.

**Ceramic Christmas Tree Story - So, we were at a holiday party hosted by one of Jonathan's professors and he had these little ceramic Christmas trees everywhere. I was going nuts over them (because I don't think they make them anymore) and he (Jonathan's professor) told me that his mom made them... neat. So, without mu knowledge - Jonathan asks his professor to ask his mom to make me one and she does! I don't end of getting it until March of the next year - but, who cares? I have it now and I love it! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment