Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bluegrass in the Bluegrass

Well, I must say, I had the BEST weekend! My brother (aka "Chicken") came down from NYC and we drove to visit our mom AND attend the 8th Annual ROMP Festival (River of Music Party) in Owensboro, Kentucky. I've been a fan of bluegrass for several years (living in East Tennessee will do that to you...) but I think I can now elevate my status to serious bluegrass fan! Maybe it was the super talented bands, maybe it was the gorgeous weather, maybe it was the spiked orange/strawberry slushies... but we just had the best time at the festival!


We saw some spectacular bands including (but not limited to) Tony Rice with Mountain Heart and (my newest obsession) Punch Brothers.


There was this crazy old Martha White Flour Bus Museum thing that was pretty awesome.

Saturday it rained all day, so we decided to skip the festival. We were sorry to miss Emmylou Harris and the Carolina Chocolate Drops, but having a lazy day around the house was nice as well. We played Rummikub (but we just call it Rummy Tile) and watched movies (Super 8 was cute) and Chicken made a homemade Peach Cobbler with local peaches - it was perfect! And check it out, my mom still drinks Tab! What a trip!

All in all, it was a pretty amazing weekend with the Fam and I will definitely be making plans to attend ROMP next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment