Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Real Weddings: Ann and Eric

Earlier this summer I designed an invitation for a couple getting married at Graceland. For those of you who aren't from Memphis, I am talking about the home of The King of Rock and Roll, the one and only: Elvis Presley! 

Now, being from Memphis myself, I have to say that I have conflicted views on the whole Elvis and Graceland thing (and I have been to Graceland...once...when I was 10...and I barely remember it...) I've always associated Elvis with cheesy impersonators (remember El Vez?!?) and cheap memorabilia (lighters, coffee cups, shot galsses)  BUT, after seeing these unique and wonderful photos, I'm thinking I'll need to revisit my earlier cynical assumptions and give The King, and his lovely home another chance. 

The Invitations
Ann and Eric wanted a simple, classic invitation. So, we decided on this lovely layout, using a nice blend of lower case and small caps to give the invite a more modern, youthful feel.


The Wedding
Nestled in the shadows of Graceland, the legendary estate Elvis Presley so lovingly called home is Graceland’s Chapel in the Woods. Step back in time as the wooded area adjacent to Graceland Mansion embraces the old-fashioned chapel in Southern style and grace. Whether it’s just the two of you or up to 50 of your friends and family, Graceland’s Chapel in the Woods will complement the ceremony of your dreams. (I totally just lifted that whole paragraph from their website. You can read more here.)




The Bride

The Groom. Love the blue suede shoes!
















Love that they were able to take photos in front of the mansion!



What a great group shot!




The Reception
Ann and Eric kept with their Memphis-style wedding by having their reception at the world famous Rendezvous restaurant. 




No Southern wedding would be complete without a dessert table!


I love the relaxed, cozy feeling I get from this wedding! What a lovely celebration with friends and family! Congrats Ann and Eric! I wish y'all all the best!


All photography by Rick Grainger Photography. See more of his work here!

No comments:

Post a Comment