Monday, October 18, 2010

Weekend Project - Coffee Table Facelift

I salvaged a coffee table from a garage sale a while ago with full intention of painting it, and this weekend we decided to finally get to it!

Jonathan thought that spray paint would be the best and most reasonable option (it's not a family heirloom or anything...) We purchased 1 can of primer (gray), 1 can of paint (we ended up needing 2 more...) and 1 can of clear lacquer.

First we sanded it - not too much, we just wanted to rough it up - then Jonny got busy with the prime, paint and lacquer.
and... VoliĆ”!
A (almost) bran new coffee table! The process did not take that long and I am super pleased with the end result! Just goes to show what a couple of cans of spray paint (and an awesome husband!) can get ya!

Other weekend news:
I dropped of my John Murphy prints to be framed (stay tuned to see then once they are hung!) and I made Martha's Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Cream Cheese Filling - Delicious!

(Also, you will have to excuse the quality of my photos for a bit. My camera died on me and I am still researching... if anyone has any great camera suggestions, please let me know!)

No comments:

Post a Comment