Thursday, March 13, 2014

Art I like - Memphis Edition: Adam Farmer

Last summer I went to an art show here in Memphis to support Crosstown Arts. The show was called Material Anthology, curated by Hamlett Dobbins, and it consisted of over 50 artists who had exhibited with Hamlett and Material (the exhibition space) from 2004 - 2013. 

I plan on highlighting many of the artists I viewed during that exhibit (there were so many talents in one space), but today I will start with Adam Farmer. His piece Weeping Walter Wonderland (not shown) caught my eye almost immediately for it's rough strokes and wild subject matter. Upon my research, it seems as if he has several pieces of which I am quite fond. 







The last Friday of every month, Adam opens his home in Midtown as an art gallery called Glitch, where he hosts his (and fellow Memphis artists) most recent works. Check out more of Adam's work on his Tumblr page and keep up with Glitch via Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment