Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Real Weddings - Lindsey & Jacob

This past spring I had the pleasure of designing most of the wedding paper goods for my awesome friends Lindsey + Jacob. It was a fantastic opportunity for me (as a designer) and we were both super pleased with the final results!


How did you and Jacob meet?
This is actually not the most interesting story. We both worked at O'Charley's. Me, because I was home from school for the summer, meaning I had to go back. We disliked each other initially--clearly that changed. He said he didn't want to do the long distance thing, I was apparently irresistible because we kept talking and five years later we were engaged!

Describe the inspiration behind your wedding invitations.
Since our wedding was in May, I really wanted something that had the sweetness of spring, but also the boldness of summer. We settled on a spring green, with accents of hydrangea blue and a mango orange. The same color scheme was repeated in our save the dates, our invitations, and our thank yous. I loved that people could identify "us" with the bold flowers on our stationery.

Where did you draw inspiration from when planning your wedding?
The season and my love for that spring green color. May in Memphis is not traditionally spring, but it's also not summer. Our wedding tried to mix the two seasons with our color scheme, the food, and the venue.

What was your favorite detail of the wedding?
Honestly, it was the stationery. Especially because Susan also designed the shower and bachelorette invitations, it was our wedding theme every time our guests recevied something in the mail. It was so seamless and easy!

Where did you find your dress?
My dress came from Low's in Brinkley, AK. It was actually the first one I tried on. I tried on about 15 more, but I came back to the first one. It had a classic antique meets modern look that I thought my grandmother would have loved if she had been with us to see it.

What was the inspiration behind your flowers?
Again, the inspiration came from the color scheme. Since my dress was ivory, I wanted something bold against it. I chose mini mango cala lillies, green cymbidium orchids and green berries. The bridesmaids had blue hydrangeas and orange spray roses to complement their green dresses.

What was the inspiration behind your cake?
Simple, elegant and tasty! Peggy Montgomery has been making cakes for decades and she has a classic style. It was like the dress, antique meets modern. The tiers were alternating square and round and the green ribbon added a sweet touch.

What was the inspiration behind your venue?
Le Pavillon has a beautiful glass ceiling that opens up above the dance floor. When I picked the venue this was the detail that sealed the deal. Ironically, I actually went with Le Pavillon because of the courtyard out front where we wanted to have the ceremony. Because it rained on our wedding day, we ended up having to usher people inside instead. However, I couldn't have been happier with the way the day turned out! It was beautiful under that ceiling after all.

What song did you dance to and why?
Al Green's Let's Stay Together. It's a fun song, but it's got a great message. "Lovin' you whether, times are good or bad, happy or sad . . ." :) As a married couple, what are you looking forward to in the future? Graduating from law school and finally being a dual income household ;)And many years of wedded bliss, of course.

What was the most memorable thing about your wedding day?
All of the people that came to celebrate with us. In the end, it didn't matter that it rained, everyone stuck it out to watch us say our vows. That meant so much.

Venue Le Pavillon, Flowers Libby's Flowers, Photography Scott Penny Photography
Cakes Peggy Montgomery, Invitations J Press Designs, DJ Chris Webb, DJ


No comments:

Post a Comment